Richmondville will celebrate the 100th anniversary of its water wheel—rain or shine—beginning this Friday with the 2018 Richmondville Days.
Friday, the Richmondville Fire Department will serve chicken BBQ dinners at the firehouse from 4pm till gone, followed by Summer Soccer Registration at the Municipal Building from 5-7pm.
Saturday, all day, there will be raffles, food vendors, music, historical events, bus tours, yard sales, dunking booth fun, and more.
• 7-9:30am--Pancake breakfast at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
• 10am—Parade; lineup at Mill Street at 9am. This year’s theme: “Keep the Wheel Turning.”
• TREP$ Marketplace in the Radez Elementary gym.
• 11:30-3:30pm—Birds of prey exhibit by rehabilitator Wes Laraway of Middleburgh.
• 1pm—Ice cream social under the tent sponsored by Christian Community Church of Faith; mud races at Mary’s Diner.
•9pm--Fireworks behind Radez.
Sunday’s fun will include:
• 8-10:30am, pancake breakfast at the Richmondville Firehouse to benefit the RVFD.
• 11AM--Ecumenical church service at St. Paul’s.
• 12:30-4pm, Historical Society pork roast and ice cream social at the Bunn Mill; have ice cream churned by the 100-year-old water wheel.
• 1-3pm—Live music by Paul Petersen and Chuck Stark at the Bunn Mill.