Bailey Wood of the Knights has been named most valuable player of the southern division of the Western Athletic Conference.
Wood, a catcher, was also named MVP of the league and a
Section II all-star.
She was also a first-team all-star last year and when she was in the ninth grade.
The junior is a complete, all around player, starring at the plate and behind it.
She batted .641 this season with a slugging average of .949. Behind the plate she displayed a strong arm and excellent glove.
Wood helped lead the Knights to an 8-3 record in the WAC and an overall mark of 8-6.
Alexa Lombardoni of Duanesburg was also named a Section 2 all-star from the south.
First-team all stars from the south were:
• Jailene Santiago- ND-BG.
• Devon Hennel Duanesburg.
• Jenna Warner, Middleburgh, sophomore, pitcher-third base.
• Jenna Lees, Duanesburg.
• Cassidy Coons, Middleburgh, sophomore, pitcher-infield. She was also on the first-team all-stars last year.
• Tori Geiger, Duanesburg.
• Hope Supley, ND-BG.
• Kaitlyn Curvin, Berne Knox.
Named to the second-team all star team were:
• Bryn MacDonald, Schoharie, junior, pitcher-outfielder.
• Abigail Hamilton, ND-BG.
• Michaela Horlacher, Berne Knox.
• Brianna Readean, Schoharie, junior, center fielder.
• Cassidy Schaffer, Duanesburg.
• Katie Dobesh, Middleburgh, junior, second base.
• Ashley Potter, Duanesburg.
• Caroline Wetsel, Schoharie, junior, shortstop.
• Lexi Stephens, Middleburgh, sophomore, shortstop.