Ten county organizations last week were awarded a total of $35,070 to help fund projects through Schoharie County's occupancy tax grants program.
Schoharie County Supervisors approved 12 grants to 10 organizations from funds raised through the county's occupancy tax on rooms at local hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts.
The occupancy tax board met on March 4 and reviewed 14 applications before awarding a dozen.
Projects that will be receiving funding are:
• Friends of Sharon Springs, $6,000.
• Heart of the Valley, $2,000.
• Schoharie County Maple Festival, advertising, $1,950.
• Schoharie County Maple Festival, entertainment, $1,000.
• Schoharie Promotional Association, $3,070.
• Sharon Historical Society, $650.
• Iroquois Indian Museum, $2,700.
• Richmondville Historical Society, $500.
• Schoharie County Arts Council, Jazz Night, $3,000.
• Schoharie County Historical Society, $7,200.
• Middleburgh 300th celebration, performances, $5,000.
• Middleburgh 300th celebration, advertising, $2,000.